Pastor Jay

Monday, April 25, 2011

Only Jesus!!

I am sitting in the den tonight with my family listening to the sounds of booming thunder and large rain drops falling on the sliding back glass. The lightening is flashing every few seconds and my children are on edge because the loud tornado sirens are going off every few minutes. The thoughts have come to my mind that inspite of how bad these storms are, there is a greater power in Jesus Christ. When I see the evidence of the exsisting storm, it reminds me of the storms in life that I have faced time and time again. The Lord Jesus has been with me through every battle and every storm that me and my family have faced. In Mathew 14 we find Jesus's disciples on a ship in the middle of a terrible storm. The wind was blowing and the small ship was being tossed about in the raging waters, the waves were crashing and the disciples cried out with fear. The scripture tells us in verse 26 that Jesus came walking to them on the sea. The disciples were troubled because they thought they had seen a spirit approaching them, but when Jesus spoke to them he said (BE OF GOOD CHEER, IT IS I BE NOT AFRAID) The Peter was commanded by the Lord to walk out to where Jesus was and he did as he was told. In the midst of the storm Peter had an experience with Christ that no other man has been able to do. Peter walked on the water,but when he took his eyes off Jesus he began to sink. In the moment of great despair,  Peter shouted "LORD SAVE ME" !!!!!  Jesus stretched out his hand and pulled Peter up and together they walked on the water back to the boat. Then in verse 32 the wind ceased as they returned to the ship, and the other disciples began to worship the Lord Jesus Christ.  Only Jesus can turn your storm into a time of worship, Only Jesus can turn your trial into a supernatural encounter with God, Only Jesus can save you when your drowning in fear, Only Jesus can speak to your winds and waves and cause them to cease. Only Jesus can help when you shout "Save Me"   ONLY JESUS!!

1 comment:

  1. Pastor:
    In 1953 setting in the Jackson County Jail, at the age of 13, going to be shipped to Ferguson State Prison on Monday this was Sunday evening, I did not know anything about Jesus, But, The first Pastor of this church came to the Sheriff Jake winningham's office, and asked if he could have me, and sheriff Jake gave me to him. since that night I have loved the lord, and have seen many changes in the pentecostal churches since then.
    I maybe the only one left out of the original 13 or more, as far as I know: there was not many because Brother Rodgers had just started that church down on 1521 bryant street, last time I was there I went down to see the old church, but it was gone. that was in 1986.
    I missionaried in old mexico for 28 years, and seen the Holy Ghost move like it did in the early fifties in that church. that was a powerful church back then, but they asked me to come up and give my testimony of all the mircales Jesus done in my body: you see I fell into a potato chip vat, oil temp. was 365 the firs just came onto bring it back up to 385, I fell in head first, that was in april 1985. and when I got there I was dissapointed in what I saw. I saw the left over remains of what was once a great church, people came to that church from miles around because they knew they would get their healing there!it was once called the healing church, the first baptisim was on January the 6th, if I remember right, 125 people baptized in the White River on lacys sand bar. Jesus said he would add to the church daily, but sunday morning there was barely twenty.
    now I was wondering about the home church and went on line, you are a young preacher, you look like you can make things happen if you and Jesus are walking hand in hand together, and I pray the church has come back to life since I was last there. I have never stopped praying for the church, and have never stopped talking to people every where I have been about that church and how much power went out into that town from that church: one reason I think the church was powerful was we had church 7 days a week: the pastor I and a few more especially the deacons, we had church mon, wed, fri, and twice on sunday, then on tues thursday, and saturday we would go through town to find a church that was having church, most of the time we ended up at the Free Will Black Baptist Church, Because they also knew how to bring the spirit into the service. we visited the old people, the prisoners, street ministry down on front street, walked into the blue room , rainbow bar, lou and loyds tavern, preaching to the drunks, and those getting drunk. we figured if satan could try to come into our church to tear it up, we could go into his churches and do some serious damage.
    I need to shut up, but please give me a repot of my old church. Brother Gene Martin,
    977 cr 413
    Buckholts TX. 76518
    1-512-446-4700
    Email --- truthinchristmin1@att.net

    ReplyDelete